Thursday, November 25, 2010

Freeonesboard Milena Velba

This time

When so much regret about the past, and that the future that inspires us with fear, how can we truly appreciate the present?

is the kind of thoughts that go through my head when I found my hotel room to a luxury grotesque in the middle of the night after a day spent watching people play cards. I'm in Barcelona, a city where enjoy the present moment should not be a very difficult thing.

Like Barcelona, perhaps out of nostalgia. Part of my family comes from here, and it is not without shame that I mumbled three words of English I know thinking about my ancestors. It was in Barcelona that I covered one of my first tournaments poker, there are already four years ago, when Thomas Fougeron had called me to tell his adventures in Team770. Since then, I returned again and again, without ever managing to get bored. Celebrations taste better in Barcelona than elsewhere, it seems, the potato pancakes and sausage as well. And

me back again once more. For a poker tournament, of course. The trial began Monday. So I have permitted me to arrive Saturday night and enjoy the weekend ... A karaoke bar was the last place I thought I would find, but Madeleine and Alex knew the place, as a former expatriate in Japan is an expert in the discipline. There was nobody at the beginning, and it is before a sparse audience that I tried the Javanese Gainsbourg, with polite applause. Alex, it was shaped, and ignited the audience with a song by Madness, complete with voice and dance steps stenor boisterous ska. This clashed sharply with the songs chosen by local people, as sad ballads in Catalan. Our imitation Everybody Needs Somebody To Love has a carton, I'm not too bad out on the introductory verse of Dan Akroyd, he had to speak at full speed. Later I started, and I wanted to try my hand at a song in English. At this time, the bar was completely filled, and my interpretation of La Camisa Negra was laughing half the room, while another clapped his hands, shaking his head, politely enjoying the effort. At least I tried. We will return.

Sunday is spent at full speed. A city tour with the PokerNews team at the wheel of small yellow two-seater cars that behave like a scooter, the GPS gives you directions aloud and tells you what is interesting to look is very nice but do not be afraid of absolutely ridiculous because you watch all the passers by laughing, and motorists honked their horns angrily as you restart sentences at a red light. Then a restaurant with Team Winamax a detour to the Irish pub on the port, and voila.

after the tournament. European Poker Tour. 5.000 euro entry. Routine. Day 1A, full of people, half jumping from entry. Day 1B, even more people, and half who leave too. Not many French media, they are all in Marrakech. Day 2, and the accelerating pace of eliminations a little more, and the French lost at full speed, Team Winamax is completely cleaned. At midnight, the fact remains that four lights among 112 players, Actually no, I get the official rankings realize that I forgot one. And the next morning, I look at the list again and I forgot one other, so in fact there are six. A bit ashamed, I should be more careful. My head is somewhere else. There ElkY in short stack, Jan Boubli, the winner of the 2005 edition, the Corsican Stéphane Albertini, two players that I do not know, and Gilles, a friendly amateur who has paid a cash tournament after making a big win on Winamax. It can not be invented, and his foolish decision has paid: it is in the money "and could leave very rich in Barcelona.

Today it will fall to 24 players. Tomorrow's final will be established and it will be played Saturday. PokerStars big party planned that night in the box beside it. I am supposed to return to France the next day, but I hesitate to veer Marrakech. Harper has already been there a few days he reached the final table of the tournament Deepstack to 500 € (with our former colleague Roroflush), it could very well look after himself to cover the World Poker Tour event that begins Saturday, but I really want to go give him a hand, just to make a better story. In addition, everyone will be there, I'm not at all a fan of Marrakech but I do not want either to miss the party.

Always one foot in the past, one foot in the future, and that this file at full speed in the middle.

EPT Barcelona Winamax

0 comments:

Post a Comment